Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Who is this guy anyway?

Hi, and welcome to Cast Your Cares Away! My name's Shawn Boswell. I've been fly fishing since about mid-1999.  I've fished(and caught trout at) the Lower Mountain Fork River in Southeastern Oklahoma, the Little Red River in northern Arkansas,the Elk River in western North Carolina,the Watauga River in eastern Tennessee, and the Brazos River area behind the dam at Possum Kingdom Lake in TX.

My fly fishing experience isn't just limited to trout however. I've caught Guadalupe Bass from the Llano River in Texas, largemouth bass from the Brazos river, and caught tons of panfish,sand bass, and largemouth bass using flies on different lakes and other still waters over the years.  I haven't tried saltwater fly fishing yet....,but it's on my bucket list to get sooner rather than later. 

I created this blog because I love fly fishing, fly tying, and talking about everything to do with both! My goal is to become a guide one day. Although seeing that I'm almost 40 now that may have to be my part time job in retirement! Tough to make a dramatic career change while you have kids to put though school! Speaking of that, I have four fantastic kids ranging in age from 21 down to 13. The two oldest  I call my "bonus daughters" because we don't like the word "step" at our house. The younger two are athletes, my daughter 15, is a basketball player, and my son, 13 is an all star baseball player.  Before you ask no, none of them fly fish! My beautiful wife on the other hand is just beginning to  learn, and is super excited about it! I ask God everyday how I could be so lucky to have found a super hot, smart, and funny girl that wants to fly fish too?!        

I hope you enjoy reading and following me on my adventures. If you have anything to add, feel free! I'm always looking to learn whenever I can. Show me someone that says they "know it all" about fly fishing, and I'll show you a liar!


Tight lines!

Shawn     

2 comments:

  1. Check out Lefty Kreh the godfather of throwing a fly line

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Yes Mark. I know Lefty well(his products that is LOL!). I'm going to throwing a couple of his trademark deceivers out at Possum Kingdom Lake this weekend.

    ReplyDelete